BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 13, 2009

humanism

the mouth-watering scent of food fills the still air around me as I open my eyes to face yet another day. I am awake but my visions are blurred as an after-effect of the dreams last night. I dreamt that I have been captured by aliens and was then brought back top their red planet. I know it wasn't Mars though. It was a planet still unknown to the human scientists-it was a planet called Zathura.


>> Sounds like your typical science fiction story, doesn't it? Yes, i know, i know. That's exactly why I stopped writing halfway through. LOL :p

sometimes, I wonder how it would be like to be in an another world where food is scarce and drinking water is impossible to find. But in reality, we all know that such a planet is not far away. Such a place is what I personally label as hell on earth. For an instance, Africa where most children are forced to face the difficulties of life at such tender age. They work when they are supposed to be at play, learning alphabets but can't afford to. For them, what's important is not knowledge, it's survival.They strive to stay alive at all costs and that involves anything at all. Imagine the unimaginable. They don't think twice before committing any form of crime, be it smuggling or robbing in the light of day.

Is it not saddening to think that we Malaysian children live in the comfort of our air-conditioned rooms while these ill-fated children are forced to digest the truth of life so soon. I have always had a thought for them. I do not know clearly why but I do know that they cross my mind each time I pray and thank God for the food on my plate. I am somewhat very grateful to be borne Malaysian. It's certainly the land of riches-may it be in food or resources. We have beautiful greenery but more than anything, we are gifted with love from God. WE do not go through such tremendous pain to eat each day.

1 Malaysia, 1 nation.

For now may the African children be held close to our hearts and we may we all say a prayer for them.

Most definitely, humanity knows not the boundary of nations.

a little prayer can go a long way for them :)

strong-willed. are we as strong?

signing off,
from the land of Zathura(soon to be discovered!),
kavita :)

0 comments: